Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Free Your Mind Man!



I missed my goal again today of waking up at 5:30 and didn't get out of bed until 5:40 but I did manage to make a breakfast of egg whites, sausage, and a bowl of cheerios. I know I'm going to have to pay more control to my nutrion but right now I'm mainly focused on keeping to a steady workout schedule.

Tip # 1: Don't overwhelm yourself. Stay focused on one goal at a time.

I really don't have much to say today because today was my day off. 

What's a day off you say? 

Tip # 2: It's important to allow your body to rest. You can start suffering from fatigue and then you are more likely to injure yourself. 

Instead of doing nothing, I did do 45 minutes of Yoga.

Yoga?!

Yep Yoga. But before you leave in outrage, understand that Yoga is a great way to stretch all your sore muscles and making you more flexible so you can lift more. I only did P90X yoga before and that was more intense than the session I did today. I plan on doing the P90X version next week.

It's really hard for me to take it seriously when they say things like "Become the tree" and "Let go of all your woes". It's hilarious.

I went by my favorite store in the world for athletics Dick's Sporting Goods. I bought a new gym bag, a jump rope, and those grippers for your forearms that I plan to use at work to improve my grip.


I really needed a new gym back.the old one was falling apart. I plan to use the jump rope to warm up. I think it's a fun way to loosen up my body before a workout and increase my heart rate. 

The gripper came from something I noticed in my workout. Yesterday when I had to do the supersets of DB lunges and Stepups, I had a hard time pushing through to the end. Not because my hamstrings were yelling at me,  but because the dumbbells started hurt my hand for holding them so long. It would be a tragedy for my legs to suffer because a weakness in my upper body. I'd imagine by improving my grip and forearm strength,  this will allow me to bare the weight longer. 

Tip #3: Always strive to improve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment